Our Mission and Purpose
The Hackett Community Association is a not-for-profit incorporated association and it is the official representative organisation for the suburb for dealing with Government.
Promoting the well-being of the Hackett community by protecting and enhancing the social, cultural and physical environment of Hackett.
- promote initiatives that protect and enhance the social, cultural and physical environment of Hackett;
- act as point of contact for community issues;
- represent the Hackett community in dealings with Government and others;
- inform the community about issues concerning Hackett;
- support other local community organisations such as the North Canberra Community Council and Friends of Mount Majura; and
- raise funds and expend them in the pursuit of the objectives of the Association.
Click on image to make a donation and help us do more for our community
Join the Hackett Community Association
Membership is FREE
Membership of the Hackett Community Association is open to anyone who lives, works or has a business or property in Hackett. Residents and businesses are encouraged to join and actively contribute to the Association.
It is crucial that the Association has a sufficiently large representative and active membership base to have any real influence on Government. The Government will generally only listen to community organisations such as ours when there is a significant number of active and committed residents.
It is also important that we demonstrate as a community that we are actively involved in shaping and influencing the direction of our community to achieve the best outcomes from government planning and programs to be treated seriously.
By joining you will receive the following benefits:
- you will have a say in your community, influence outcomes and become part of a vibrant organisation
- you will be able to vote at Annual General Meetings on proposed resolutions and nominations for committee positions
- you will be better informed on what is happening in your suburb and in turn increase your ability to influence outcomes
Click on box above for further details on events
The first of the 2012 ‘Music in the Park’ concerts will be held opposite the park at the corner of Bragg and Mackenzie Streets from 2pm onwards on 24 March 2012 (subject to the weather). ‘Hit and Glide’ will be performing. Local residents are encouraged to attend and join in this great community experience. Bring…