1. Who can join the Hackett Community Association (HCA)?
Any person can be a member of the Association if they reside or work, or if they have a business or property in Hackett. The committee may also choose to approve the membership of any other individuals upon application.
2. What is the minimum age for joining the HCA?
The minimum age for membership is sixteen.
3. How much are membership fees?
Membership is free.
4. When and where are committee meetings held?
The Hackett Community Association meets every second Tuesday (except for the months of December, January and July) at 7.30 pm at the Folk Dance Hall in Maitland Street, Hackett.
5. Who can attend committee meetings?
Meetings are open to all residents of Hackett.
6. When is the Annual General Meeting?
The August meeting usually becomes the Annual General Meeting (AGM) but it may be rescheduled if there is a conflicting event or key members are not available at that time.
7. How do I become a committee member?
Each year we call for nominations prior to the AGM and these nominations are considered at the AGM. If you are interested please advise a committee member of your interest and we will put forward your nomination for consideration at the next AGM.
8. I would like to help in some capacity what do I need to do?
The Committee is always looking for assistance as we generally have more things to do than our existing capacity allows. Just let one of the committee know that you are available to help and we will contact you with details on how you might be able to help us.